I created this recipe a few years ago and it has become such a hit that people coming to my house for dinner routinely request it. Again, it’s simple and easy to make (since I have a two-year old and very little time for elaborate meals), yet it tastes like you were cooking all day. Try this one! It’s delicious!
Penne a la Vodka
Ingredients (Feel free to adjust proportions to suit your liking):
1 package of penne
3 tbsp. of butter
3/4 cup of pancetta
2-3 shots of high quality Vodka
12 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Parmesan cheese, to garnish
1. Cook penne until it is almost done. Set aside.
2. Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a pan.
3. Saute 3/4 cup of pancetta in butter until pancetta browns (~5 min).
4. Add 2 – 3 shots of vodka to the pan. Stir until alcohol burns off (~3 min).
5. Add 12 oz. tomato sauce and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to the pan. Mix well.
6. Stir penne into the pan.
7. Plate and garnish with parmesan cheese.