I’m getting tired of the United States. I know that makes me sound ungrateful, for I’ve been quite fortunate to have been born into life in a developed country where I had the ability to make a good life for myself.
But I am getting really fatigued with a less-than-critical, less-than-educated population making stubborn, pride-filled, uninformed decisions that lead to bad policies for me and my family and an even worse reputation abroad.
I mean, I don’t think I’m asking for a lot. I want:
- Religion out of my government and out of my schools
- Guaranteed health care for every tax payer
- Guaranteed health care for every child
- Respect for intelligence and analysis
- Countrymen and women who vote based on issues other than abortion
- Countrymen and women who won’t try to intervene in the lives of two consenting adults
- A stable economy
- A president who thinks education and elitism is an asset, not a liability
- Comprehensive, accurate, and agenda-free sex education for our children
Having realized that the Right is steadily out-breeding the Left and that common sense and logical, enlightened thinking are taking a backseat to religion and “morals,” I have been trying to convince the Ex that we should become expats. Not in the “I’m fleeing to Canada” sort of way – more in the “Now seems like a good time to expose our son to other cultures” sort of way. I think Americans are really ignorant to the rest of the world and I want to absorb myself (and my family) in an international – not a national – world.