My friend Dette, over at Dance of Motherhood, asked me to participate in this game of Crazy Eights by sharing eight unusual or little known facts about myself. Ready? (That was rhetorical. If not, I suspect you’ve already closed your browser.) Okay, then. Here goes:
1. At the tender age of eight, I came in 3rd in the “Most Beautiful Eyes in Massachusetts” competition.
2. The 3rd place prize for said competition was originally a romantic weekend for two, as they were not anticipating that a child might place. When I did, the judges pulled some strings and instead awarded me my very first camera.
3. When I was a kid, I dreamed of becoming an author. I wrote profusely and even “published” my own mini books (made entirely out of construction paper). My mother still has the very first book I ever wrote, entitled Watch the Flower Grow.
4. While in college, I was hired by a publishing company to write a book on dating and relationships. The cover of this book is bright pink.
5. I used to walk over a mile each morning in the snowy New England winters for my one true weakness… Dunkin Donuts french vanilla iced coffee. Oh, how I miss it living in the PacNW!
6. I’m of Eastern European descent. My great-grandfather fought in the Russian Revolution before coming over to America.
7. My son’s name literally translates to “White hawk, defender of men.” At his birth, my ex insisted that we’d destined him to a life of Dungeons and Dragons.
8. Last but certainly not least, I am now the owner of a brand new iPod shuffle, and I have Corrin from corrinrenee.com to thank for it! I was the winner of her most recent giveaway and honestly, it could not have come at a better time. The iPod I purchased in 2004 (yes, you read that right) had finally died and I was reluctant to buy a new one, as I am on a tight budget these days. My bus rides to work and jogs will now be so much more enjoyable because of my new shuffle. Thanks, Corrin! Everyone else, check out her blog. It’s pretty snarky and quite great.
Now, the fun part, where I invite others to join and post eight things about themselves. But not so fast! First, here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random things about themselves.
2. At the end of your post, tag 8 people and include their names and their links. Please also post these rules.
3. Don’t forget to leave a comment on the blog of those you tag to let them know about this.